The she is me. I’m all that. I’m just awesome. Really! Or at least I’m thinking this might be a good exercise. And, not the *in futility* kind. In therapy one often has to list positive attributes about oneself. And, it IS very hard. I mean really, if you are depressed enough to be in the hospital, you probably can’t come up with 1 good thing about yourself. Much less 6. Much less 15! But, I’m going to try. (By the way, I’m not depressed right now. Over six weeks without any bipolar symptoms! Yay!!)
So, I’m linking up with Mama Kat again this week. Follow the link below if you want to see her prompts this week.
This week I chose #1.
1.) 15 Reasons You’re Awesome. (inspired by LouLou’s Views)
And, yes, you should follow the above link. LouLou is pretty cool, too!
So, here goes…in no particular order.
1. I’m a great actress. Really! This is where my identity came from for many years. If you’ve never seen it, you’ll just have to take my word for it. 😉 Because, now I’m mostly retired. If you go to my church, you have probably seen me perform though, and you probably will again.
2. I did three loads of laundry yesterday. And, folded and put them all away. That is no small feat with little ones under my feet!
3. I can change a dirty diaper without gagging, while fighting with a bucking bronco.
4. I’m well read. So, one would think I might know some stuff.
5. I’ve been exercising 7-10 times a week for going on 7 weeks now! Yeah, there are many who envy me.
6. I can memorize like no ones business. Really. I once memorized the first 18 chapters of Proverbs.
7. I’m a good friend. But, my friends are awesome, too. So, they make it easy.
8. I’m a good pillow for sleep for a 2 year old and a 4 year old.
9. I get up with my husband at 5 am, even if I don’t need to take him to work that day in order to have the car, just so I can make him coffee and breakfast.
10. I sing first soprano. Apparently, from what I hear, first sopranos are always the coolest.
11. I can bake a mean checkerboard butter cake.
12. I am willing to read book after book after book…ad nauseum to my daughter.
13. Oops, I almost forgot, I have a really great laugh! I got that from my Mom. She is awesome, too.
14. I can tolerate a shopping trip for a week’s worth of groceries, with two girls, one who is *NOT* in the cart anymore, while adding up the purchases on my phone calculator and marking things off my list.
15. AND…I have the best husband this side of the Mississippi. So, by association, I too, must be awesome!!
So, why are you awesome? I do actually want to know. Because, I’m sure you are!!