Oh, Mama Kat, how could this happen!! I chose prompt two early in the week.
2.) Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe. (inspired by LouLou’s Views)
I wrote in my little notebook that I would blog about 5 things I believe today, and then I turn around and do something ridiculous!… I blogged about 10 things I know to be true YESTERDAY! How could I be so silly? So, I’m changing my mind slightly, and I am very thankful that your robust prompts allow me to do so. Instead of 5 things I believe, I’m going to write 5 thing you don’t know about me.
Hmm…I’m pretty much an open book. This might be hard. Well, here goes!
1. I went to Catawba College for four years and got a degree in Theatre Arts. I loved it. I hate to admit that it was probably the peak of my life. I knew that to be true for years. But, then I had children. What a relief to know I didn’t peak and drop so early!! My parents moved to Salisbury, the town of the college, after I graduated. So, now I get to call my college town home! And, I love it!!
2. OK, so most of you probably know, but if you don’t, here’s my chance to share it again – I suffer with bipolar disorder. And, when I say suffer, I mean SUFFER. It sucks (sorry mom), but it does. But, there are also good things. I have a great support system. My compassion is close to infinite. And, I think I’ve finally landed the *BEST* doctor!!
3. When I was in 6th grade I took a journalism class, and decided I wanted to be a writer when I grew up. But, then I pursued theatre for about 15 years, and now am RETIRED from that. So, I’m finally realizing my original desire for myself. My first big dream. It is a perfect creative outlet for me in my solitude.
4. I LOVE popcorn. That may sound silly, but I do. I go to Target just to buy popcorn and a drink for less than 2 dollars, and then I walk around and look at all the shiny pretty stuff. Oh, and I also love ice cream (which I swear should totally be one word). I practically lived off of milkshakes when I was pregnant. Both times. And, the nutritionist told me it was OK. I only gained 1 pound the first time, and 8 the second.
5. And, last, but definitely not least. I am a Christian. Most everyone who knows me, knows this, but sometimes I still hold onto a postmodern philosophy that says, we all can have our own truths. I know this is not true. There is an absolute truth. Jesus IS the son of God, and he died for me. He even prayed for me in John 17! Really, He did. Check it out if you don’t believe me. It could have been you He was praying for, too! Oh, and if you can’t find it, just ask me. I’ll tell you the exact moment where he uttered words to His Father in prayer for me!