1. The other morning I got Lizzy-Jane up after having suffered insomnia all night, even though I took an Ambien! The first thing she said, when I walked into the room was, “What you do?” Then, upon letting her down, she walked around the house trying to discover what new thing I had done during the night. What had changed? I just don’t know how she knew I had been up. We were in the process of moving, so I really thought she thought I had been packing all night, and she was looking for the evidence.
2. Later that day I was getting her dressed to go with me to Bible study. I was putting on a new outfit her Grandma gave her, so I yanked the tags off. She said, “Did you take my tags off? Thanks!” Where does she get this stuff from! I’m not even sure how she knew about tags. We never buy new clothes around here, at least it seems that way. So, now she is obsessed with tags, she’s always asking for them to be taken off. Even when she was playing with cat toys at the lady’s house from Craig’s List, who we bought the washer and dryer from. Lizzy-Jane asked her to take a tag off of a little stuffed dog! It was her cat’s toy! I was a little embarrassed!
3. Later that day we were driving and I was in desperate need of gas. So, I stopped and got out and pumped it. (This is another story, but my little van ingested 17 gallons of gas before I shut the thing off. It cost me $61 that day to fill my tank. What is the world coming to?) When I got back in the car, Lizzy-Jane said, “Did you get your gases.” Again. She amazed me. How did she know that? She is in a stage right now where she gets cuter and smarter everyday, and it AMAZES me!
4. Yesterday she and I were eating lunch, and I wiped some pizza sauce off my face. She said, “Oh you wiped your beard.” I guffawed. Her dad has a beard, but I DON’T have a beard. Later she was washing her own beard. I tried to explain to her that she doesn’t have a beard, she has a chin.
5. Also yesterday I told her I had to go poo poo in the potty. Of course she followed me in. She said, “What are you doing, Mommy?” I told her I was pooping in the potty, and she said, “Oh you stink!” Again I laughed myself silly! Later I was changing her diaper, after sniffing her butt to see if she did indeed need said diaper changed. She said to me, “Lizzy Bear has a dirty diaper.” I looked at her and said, “Really?” She said, “Yes.” And sniffed his bottom. How funny is that!
I love my girl to pieces. And, I am thankful that she is keeping me on my toes these days.